Target I: HBCU for Life: A Call to Action
Alpha Kappa Alpha will continue its focus on education with an emphasis on historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs):
- Promote and market historically black colleges and universities
- Encourage students to attend HBCUs as a sustainability measure
- Donate to HBCUs for financial support
Target II: Women's Healthcare and Wellness
Alpha Kappa Alpha will continue to raise community awareness of critical health issues impacting African-American women:
- Breast Cancer Awareness and Prevention will focus specifically on early detection through mammograms to improve the survival rate of women diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Heart Health commitment through fitness activities and walking.
- Nutrition and Wellness to emphasize healthy lifestyles including prenatal, childhood, adult, and senior nutrition programs.
- Care for Caregivers to emphasize taking care of those who take care of others.
Target III: Building Your Economic Legacy
Alpha Kappa Alpha will emphasize financial planning, asset accumulation, and wealth building including savings and investments, managing debt, and improving credit:
- Personal Financial Planning and Asset Accumulation with local certified financial planners who will share information on saving, investing, and retirement planning.
- Credit Repair and Monitoring will focus on ways to repair credit and improve credit scores.
- Entrepreneurship and the Black Dollar 365 will highlight and promote successful African-American businesses with the aim of spawning new entrepreneurial ventures in our communities.
- Operation AKA Assist will focus on implementing programs to assist those in need in various communities by directing attention to the plight of the homeless, including homeless children, and homeless veterans.
Target IV: The Arts!
Alpha Kappa Alpha will expose students to arts enrichment and culture by focusing on visual and performing arts and showcasing talent through the exploration of writers, entertainers and various other artists:
- Salute to the Harlem Renaissance will celebrate the contributions of African-American artists during the Harlem Renaissance through student research and chapter sponsorship of student talent showcases.
- Salute to the Black Arts Movement will focus on student research and celebration of African-American artists during the Black Arts Movement.
Target V: Global Impact
Alpha Kappa Alpha will engage in programming designed to enhance the international footprint of the sorority:
- National Global Impact Day will engage in a community service project that has an international impact.
- Global Assistance Activities will engage in global partnerships that provide assistance to the underserved in international areas populated with people of color.
- Soles 4 Souls will receive our collected gently-worn shoes to fulfill their mission to create sustainable jobs and provide relief through the distribution of shoes around the world.
- Lions Club International will receive and distribute collected used eyeglasses to support their initiative to prevent blindness, help restore eyesight and improve eye health and eye care for millions of people around the world.
- Pillowcase Project uses pillowcases to make dresses for little girls and shirts for little boys that will be sent to Haiti to provide clothing for children in need.
- Refugees in America Assistance Program (RAAP) will focus on refugees of color in the United States by partnering with organizations engaged in support activities that assist refugees and their families to integrate into American life.